IEL HM (UNUSUAL DESIGN).

Introduced the all position Tillotson diaphragm type carburetor to the direct drive chain saw . The saw has original paint, you can easily see the weld of the rear gaz tank of an HB model, not a one piece cast makes me think that at the factory they were in the process of removing the old Tillotson MD carb to be retrofitted with the new diaphragm type. If I recall, the HM was the first saw to introduce a diaphragm carb. It has that unusual muffler never seen on any IEL saws.... with the rear gaz linkeage aluminum guard....and the plug wire is on the left and HM saws are always on the right......First ever seen in 20 years......


Saw history by George(Chelsea,Quebec)
The IEL HM was my father's first chainsaw. New, it was originally my uncle's, and saw use in the forests at Kapuskasing. My uncle gave it to my Dad in the mid 60's.

MANUFACTURED BY: IEL (Industrial Engineering Ltd.)VANCOUVER,BRITISH COLUMBIA,CANADA
INTRODUCED: 1955
DISCONTINUED: 1956
DISPLACEMENT: 5.22 cu. in. (85.7 cc)
BORE: 2.062 in. (52 mm)
STROKE: 1.5625 in. (40 mm)
TYPE: Aluminum with cast iron sleeve
CONSTRUCTION: Sand cast aluminum
CARBURETOR: Tillotson HP