MALL 5 P PNEUMATIC AIR SAW.



HISTORY: I got this saw when I bought this home and property with some other old junk, I read about this model on the Internet that they were built in 1946 for the military for use in tunnels and coal mines (no sparks I'm guessing) You can see the green zinc chromate primer, that why I guess this was a military one . The chain and bar was rusted pretty good, I cleaned it up and put some oil in it and an air fitting and with my shop air in runs. I'm not sure what the air requirements are but I think it is more than my little shop compressor will do, but it does run....William Ogle from OHIO.

MANUFACTURED BY:MALL TOOL COMPANY YEAR INTRODUCED: 1945 MOTOR: Mall AIR PRESSURE REQUIRED:90 PSI. AIR VOLUME REQUIRED:90 CFM. OPERATOR CONFIGURATION: One and Two Man operation DRIVE TYPE: Gear reduction CONSTRUCTION: Die cast aluminum CHAIN OIL PUMP: none CHAIN PITCH: 3/4 in. CHAIN TYPE: Mall SHORTEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED: 24 in. LONGEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED: 48 in. COLOUR SCHEME: Military Green enamel COMMENTS: Originally built for U.S. Military use