MERCURY KIEKHEAFER/DISSTON D0 101 BOWSAW

KIEKHEAEFER-DISSTON-DO 101 BOWSAW

The second and last one man saw procuced by Kiekhaefer aeromarine in 1951


Saw history by Frank Russ:
The saw was my fathers, Frank Albert Russ Sr. He and his brother, Tony Russ, bought the saw together. They each paid half and then my father bought him out. The saw was purchased new. My dad used the saw to cut firewood and trees used to saw up into lumber. After my father passed away, the saw was given to me and now I have given it to you for retirement. My father lived at (.....Street) in Hibbing, Minnesota. He was born in Chisholm MN. His family had 80 acres of land and that is where he used the saw.

MANUFACTURED BY: KIEKHEAFER/DISSTON HENRY&SONS INC.PHILADELPHIA,PENNSYLVANIA,U.S.A.
KIEKHEAEFER AEROMARINE, FOND DU LAC, WISCONSIN, U.S.A.
INTRODUCED: 1950
DISCONTINUED: 1951
DISPLACEMENT: 5.5 cu. in. (90cc)
BORE: 2.00 in. (50.8mm)
STROKE: 1.75 in. (44.4mm)
INTAKE: Reed valve
H.P.: 3.5
CLUTCH: Manual, lever rear handle
DRIVE: Gear reduction
CONSTRUCTION: Die cast aluminum
MAGNETO: Bendix Scintilla
CARBURETOR: Mercury "fuel meter"
STARTER: Mercury "Magnapull" automatic rewind
OIL PUMP: Automatic pressure feed
RPM: 4,000